1. What does 'holy shit' mean? Esp when Americans use the term. I can see it being holy and shit as in cow dung in India but I suspect it means something else here.
2. Okie Dokie - what is that all about? Slang? Some tirbal exchange that stuck without facebook?
3. High Five - then on the flip side - other than making for good comedy in Seinfeld I am baffled by this ritual amongst Americans too. What might the origins of this be?
4. B'jeezus - I guess its a derivative of a call to the almighty but then again used in the context of 'scared the b'jeezus out', am not entirely sure about how it got in in the first place.
5. WTF (spelled out) or any variation of the 'F' word (probably the most popular of the F words in the entire Merriam Webster) is by far the most bizzare of them all..
Now one might conclude that this blog is F'd up too.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
ROFL is the only thing I can think of to say!
ReplyDelete