Skip to main content

Sweating like a Pig

I suppose I could have titled the blog 'like a hog at a trough' but it would have taken away from the positive and uplifting message I wanted to convey.


What I mean is having landed in India's steel city in its northeastern corner, a day ago with local flagship air carrier shenanigans to provide more blog material, I found myself (as expected) facing walls of humidity each time we stepped out of an air conditioned environment.


A lot of said walking took place from a car to a market esp one that supplied an array of mishti aka sweet elixir in form of milk and dough and sugar based preparations.


This method of sweating was what some in the states would pay big money for and call it a detox.  Whilst sweating I got to enjoy massive volume of Bengali mithai (local milk based sweet treats) at will.  Kala jamun for breakfast can do wonders to one's attitude towards life etc.


Rashogulla for brunch adds to the sentiment. hence the prior reference to being at a trough- sweet one at that.


Now as far as the title of the blog goes I have wondered (not aloud) as to who has confirmed that pigs sweat.  I mean I like pigs - on my plate.  Bacon, good sausage or salami too can have stimulating effect on one's perspective but outside of that endeavor no idea of the porcine goings on - esp to sweat.

So here's to more sweating of the postprandial kind.

Comments

  1. no sweat, looks like you are having a gala time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I behaved and had an omelet along with upma which for some reason came with sambar

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charges attract

It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together.  But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die.  The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS:  I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...

Costa Rica

 Our first foray into Central America. That elongated isthmus that forms the geographic boundary between two vast continents of North and South America. Specifically landing for NYE 2026 in San Jose, Costa Rica. Capital city for this region that does not have its own army, instead relying on its big bro the Estados Unidos to the north is a metropolis of approx. 500K people. Largely wilderness and with both a Pacific and Carribean/Atlantic coast the country is rich in bio diversity. In Spanish it means the rich coast so named by Columbus landing in early 16th century and being mesmerized by the local tribes sporting gold jewelry.   Our stay included visiting the foothills of a large strato volcano called Arenal and enjoying the naturally heated thermal baths for a while.  Lunching amidst lush forest and watching indigenous species of avian noise makers fly overhead. Toucans, some sort of pea hens, multiple song bird species completed the spectacle. Iguanas and a lonel...

Back in DC

This time for a tech conference in the realm of what else? AI. But applied to an oft neglected space called Knowledge Management. The latter is a community of practice that focuses on analyzing, organizing and making available reams of data that have been gathered over time by various functions within an organization for anyone in the company to utilize. This function or process is ripe for applying AI agents (or agentic AI framework) and optimize for better outcomes. It was informative. More rewarding was getting acquainted with folks who practice this craft as well as learning of what they see in the corporate or public sectors. Since the venue was Washington DC it also afforded me the chance to take evening strolls albeit the weather was trying. With wind chill in the single digit it still is a glamorous place to perambulate through history absorbing what this country has been through since its founding days. I was able to visit the place Lincoln was killed along with his monument t...