These days when I run into someone new to blogging or just a new acquaintance I send them to view my blog. Rather than get into (a lather) this whole laborious self revelation in the first encounter - at someone's house warming or birthday (or as some of my friends like to call 'Happy Birthday') party I encourage the interviewer into a 'seek and you shall find' mode.
This way if they are genuinely interested in the goings on of their fellow human they can blame themselves for trying. Some do ask what it is I blog about - so I got to thinking (not what I should try to answer) and peel the old covers -
Its about observable (or overt) and not so human idiosyncracies for the most part;
Food is another favorite of mine as are places I've been and enjoyed or not;
Then its onto some super duper sci fi make believe world vision that resembles - if I was presidente for a day gasps;
Some tend to border on the Existential - WHY question et al;
Finally its about beings (human or not) and their creations that have truly amazed moi - there are indeed a handful as cynical as my tone is. Its just that I find a lot of us take ourselves way too seriously and not even know it.
All in all its been fun pounding what ever the heart desires and expect unwary customers to stumble on and make up their own mind about the bump they just encountered on the blogosphere.
That last bit is actually quite optimistic since it assumes that someone will actually have a mind to make up - not that it matters.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
Of mind and other matters..might be the title of a new blog.
ReplyDelete