I am not on narcotics. I have to clarify in case the reader wondered about the obtuse title of the blog and hastened to conclude that I must be in order to phrase these two concepts in the same breath.
Obvious flaw in that 'same breath' assumption would be reader being unaware of my breathing rate - i.e. I could have exhaled few times (and consequently inhaled) before I came up with the title. More aptly it would imply I was doing some form of Pranayam as I came up with blog titles. Let me assure you that that is not the case.
Having got the air flow dynamic out of the way let me proceed to explain this juxtaposition of ideas. More on what a 'juxta' is in another blog.
The second law of thermodynamics ('thermo' who you ask - another blog) states that the Entropy of a closed system (think our planet with its dumbass sapiens inhabitants) always increases.
In English it means that everything we see around us is a constant state of instability and therefore decays ever so slightly to a state of improved stability or a lower energetic state.
This brings us to the concept of Pyschosis. In media you often hear the cliche about how so and so has been remanded to custody after being defined as being mentally unstable.
Frankly we all are mentally unstable. Forget mental - we are by the law of Entropy - plain unstable. Some more so than others. Some more on the top shelf than the next one. But its all coming from the same factory so not much variance.
So the one remanding another is also in a state of instability but does not know it.
Pyschotics are in an aggravated form of said instability and therefore do their best to stand out.
But to caricature one as being so is disguising the fact that we need to self reflect more and decide how best to tame the entropic beast.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
Thank god for the decay in human systems to transport everyone beyond..or else we would have to deal with 2000 year-olds around us in the millions..
ReplyDeleteThat has not stopped us from chemically tampering with departing flights, and then going on to chemically tamper with the food supply to feed all those delayed departees ... seems stupid?
ReplyDelete