Skip to main content

Knock knock - Dementia hear

 My last post postulated the onset of oldness.  On myself.

Then I got to thinking - what with limited time to do that - thinking that is... when will that oldness condition translate to 'Dementia'.

My best half has oft made innuendos that I am on the cusp.  But so far I have not heard that I have the full bodied version.  Of course my hearing is suspect but that is another matter.

So then I decided I should jot down what I might use as a qualification criteria for onset of or complete dementia.  I will use footwear as a starting point.  Got to get out somewhere, somehow.  

So before I head out if I was doing any of the below I would consider it as the early onset stage.

1. Wearing mismatched socks.

2. Wearing mismatched shoes.

3.  Wearing mismatched socks and shoes at the same time I step out.

Further deterioration of faculties could lead to the below instance, which I am willing to consider as 'officially in dementia'.

1.   Wearing only one sock.

2.  Wearing only one shoe.

3.  Wearing one sock and one shoe not on the same foot.

So I will continue to stare for a minute at my feet for now before I present myself to society.  And at such point I fail to do the above then 'watch out'.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Costa Rica

 Our first foray into Central America. That elongated isthmus that forms the geographic boundary between two vast continents of North and South America. Specifically landing for NYE 2026 in San Jose, Costa Rica. Capital city for this region that does not have its own army, instead relying on its big bro the Estados Unidos to the north is a metropolis of approx. 500K people. Largely wilderness and with both a Pacific and Carribean/Atlantic coast the country is rich in bio diversity. In Spanish it means the rich coast so named by Columbus landing in early 16th century and being mesmerized by the local tribes sporting gold jewelry.   Our stay included visiting the foothills of a large strato volcano called Arenal and enjoying the naturally heated thermal baths for a while.  Lunching amidst lush forest and watching indigenous species of avian noise makers fly overhead. Toucans, some sort of pea hens, multiple song bird species completed the spectacle. Iguanas and a lonel...

Back in DC

This time for a tech conference in the realm of what else? AI. But applied to an oft neglected space called Knowledge Management. The latter is a community of practice that focuses on analyzing, organizing and making available reams of data that have been gathered over time by various functions within an organization for anyone in the company to utilize. This function or process is ripe for applying AI agents (or agentic AI framework) and optimize for better outcomes. It was informative. More rewarding was getting acquainted with folks who practice this craft as well as learning of what they see in the corporate or public sectors. Since the venue was Washington DC it also afforded me the chance to take evening strolls albeit the weather was trying. With wind chill in the single digit it still is a glamorous place to perambulate through history absorbing what this country has been through since its founding days. I was able to visit the place Lincoln was killed along with his monument t...

Charges attract

It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together.  But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die.  The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS:  I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...