Who's smarter? Well I think they both rank up there. One goes for the big moolah by selling badly sketched crayons like the recent Edvard Munch's Scream for millions and take a handsome commission. The other preaches common sense to those that lack it but somehow have a tendency to spend, making money on endorsements and her books that sell well with dummies.
I mean the capitalist model supports both these ideas because it inherently assumes there are dumb people all over the world. There is nothing wrong in taking from those that want to give because they would feel insecure in the absence of the transaction. If anyone has to wake up and smell the coffee it is the dummies.
What is amazing is that during the course of these transactions there are people that do not realize what they are doing is inherently stupid. I mean why would you pay someone to tell you that your approach to spend more money than you will ever earn is detrimental to your health. I suppose its like smoking. Everyone that smokes probably knows that its inherently dangerous yet there is a legal market for it.
But ask Philip Morris shareholders (some of which are also consuming the very same product) and they will be glad there is a market for burning tobacco.
Large museums that share their wares especially paintings and such are making a nice killing on something bizzaro and abstract because there are nimwits that will share their money to glimpse it. Mona Lisa is a prefect example. I am not sure what you see when you see this picture but I for one saw a dumb smile from a woman of indeterminate age behind bullet proof glass.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
There was this honourable man who recently quipped that 90% of Indians (his countrymen) are stupid..can't be that much different around the world..
ReplyDelete