Its time to cook up a new metric to track the world's obesity in city and villages, in countries and continents.
Hence the proposal to calculate the GIRTH of a nation. Birth as you recollect is passe. Other than Sudan or Syria further breaking up south of the equator I think we are all done with new nations being born - for now - hence focusing on Girth. I know Putin is still fuming after losing half the real estate he called his.
Getting back to the lard at hand - responsible for the girth that is - we can safely say that the average girth rankings would list Samoa at the top followed by the United States. I mean have you seen an average Samoan? Nothing wrong I say - their food pyramid looks more like a cylinder and that is just as well. At least they eat local - being an island and all - assumption not based on any factual data.
Now the skinniest would have to be the Congo. Or some neighbor of theirs given the rate of malnutrition therein.
Every other Euro zone fella would fall in between depending on the health of their state and how close they are to losing their Euro Zone status.
So I say to the soda bottlers of the world to focus their attention on the girth deficit countries and leave Samoa and the US alone. There is more opportunity for the high fructose corn syrup to make inroads in non road countries.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
Comments
Post a Comment