Underwear is king. I mean from a purely monetization standpoint. Forget Facebook buy stock in underwear. Literally and literally. I mean buy both - the actual wearable kind and the company's shares. One to keep you cool - looking cool and the other to make money so you can buy actual clothes to wear over your underwear. Although looking at the crowds these days the latter may be optional. In that case the profits from the stock can be spent on more underwear or some other addictions.
Everyone is getting in on that act. From famous music and filmi personalities to even tennis stars. Recently I read that some ex communist bloc country's rising female tennis phenom has gone into business to sell eponymous brand of women's racy undergarments. Lesser the material used the more the profits. Literally and imaginatively.
Even Seinfeld (one of my heroes) turned down a $100M gig to do another show for NBC it appears - I read between the lines that the undie business which his wife started some years back must be going gangbusters - so nah there is no need to burn the midnight oil other than for certain pleasurable pursuits.
When Gandhi took out his loom to crank out handmade fabric he never dreamt that the looming future would hold so much promise...fruits of the loom have indeed come a long way today where twenty something upstarts have found new business opportunities again to help gullibles part with their cash.
I guess certain branded undergarments can no longer claim exclusive access to their Secret?
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
Are we sure that people are not going fruity, or going bananas here with an over dose of under garment brands? How much underwear can one wear?
ReplyDeleteThat Q understandingly makes me weary..
ReplyDelete