After imbibing several portions of sweet Muscat (to set the record straight I am not referring to the Omani capital but a wine produced by type of grape) I was letting the old noggin wander. And then the frustration set in when new questions without answers arose from the fog. Such poignant ones as -
1. Why have I not seen an Indian woman in a Victoria Secret ad? I mean its one thing to not have a single gold medal winner in the largest organized scam of the Olympics for years even with a billion citizens secured within the borders but to not produce a Secret worthy model?
2. Why have I not seen Cambodian gay men eating at a local In N Out burger? Is it because they will not settle for anything less exotic than crocodile meat?
3. Can I ever again enter a public swimming pool anywhere in the world? This after an official (its okay till it was not official) publication of a survey indicating 20% of poolees are pissing in the pool. This too in the civilized world like the USofA. Imagine if I head east - the % of urine to chlorinated water (if they have any chlorine left to put in the water) is likely going higher. What does that say about the health of the pool and more importantly the mental health of the poolees that enter said pools? It might be time to figure out how to police the poolees.
4. These questions seem to be vexing and while I am at it why is it that I have not seen Vexing been used other than for Questions? Can you not merely vex?
C'mon people think.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
Coolees can be hired to police the poolees. But this might vex them.
ReplyDeleteHooray to the coolees for being able to merely vex. Gone are the days when a malnoursihed red coat with brass medallions would grab your suitcases and scurry ahead of you. Who asked to invent these rolling bags?
ReplyDelete