There are times when males have the ability to hold the future in their hands - in a manner of speaking. Now they are talking about Merkel of Germany holding the world's future in her hands. That is a lot to hold. I mean perhaps the Germans have big hands but the world seems like a stretch.
Even the Greek Dimon of JPM fame could not answer what happened to $2 plus Billion on his own watch and we expect the German woman to control what is going to happen to the whole world? I mean who came up with this brilliant thesis?
What the heck does Germany have to do with the world anyway? If it all goes to hell in a handbasket (more debate on what this means in some other profound blog) I am not sure the inavailability of BMWs and Mercedes or their spare parts is going to be a primary concern for someone. So no one country truly has the ability to cause any permanent harm is what I am saying.
People seem to attach too much emphasis or weight to one particular idea to scare the weak and dumb. This sensationalizing headline is just such an example.
PS: If the Merkel wiki is to be believed however, she seems to be somewhat scientifically inclined based on her education in physics, math and chemistry which is probably a huge deal compared to the nitwits that rule other countries.
It is said that opposites attract meaning people with contrary viewpoint sometimes find chemistry to be together. But I'm referring to a modern twist where people are merely attracted towards a common place because their uber communication device aka smart phone is about to die. The charging station. From airports to hotel lobbies or even bathrooms, when in need they are attracted to this power outlet like moths to a flame or a junkie to a needle. A whole new business of supplying these hyper connected folks is now born whose lifesaver product is a backup charge. Asian tourists perpetually carry a phone sized battery pack stuck to their latest Apple phone updating their status to folks in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Bangalore as they pose for selfies with weird facial expressions and fingers pointed out in a letter V. Vain? PS: I dis'charged' my blogger duties making this insightful observation as my phone is about to breathe it's last and my flight gets call...
I think they are confusing Angela with the Angels or semi-godly creatures that are supposed to be our guardians if in a good mood.
ReplyDelete