Driving is amazin in the USofA especially if you pay not particular attention to all the signage meant to distract you from the joy of driving.
Here are my observations -
1. Right Lane Ends - I am not sure how the Wrong Lane Ends look like so what do I care how the Right ones do? Keep on tooling down the road and pay not attention to these..
2. Through Traffic Merge Left - Well this one is obvious - if there is lot of merging going on on the left then I want to stay as far to the right as possible..drivers these days have no clue where they are going..
3. Slow Children - Thank you for advising me of the IQ of the average kid on the street - I will quickly speed the heck out of here.
4. Bump - could it be bumper cars are what I will see down the road? What the heck is that - I have heard of it go in the middle of the night somewhere..
5. Caution Workers - I have seen a lot of workers like gardners, chefs, room service attendants, flight attendants but never a caution worker - a Cautious worker is a good thing but this one with its black on orange signage is a mystery - conspicuous but no clue what it means.. zoom on quick..
6. Fines Doubled - Construction Zone - Who is this for? When did the fines double? Heck I was not aware there are fines to travel through a construction zone.
7. Headlights ON - on what? I have some on my car - so what?
I tell you people simply need to start driving - no wonder we have so many accidents.
On an informal mission to read one book a week as long as the eyes allow for such ambition. Fiction or non is not important as long as it entertains and /or educates. To that end the past few weeks have brought a bounty in the form of some wonderful and then not so engaging literature. Among the notables are - Non fiction category: 1. Good arguments by Bo Seo (how to handle a dispute or debate the most efficient way possible) 2. Genesis by Eric Schmidt (and former US Secy of State Henry Kissinger, who recently passed) - how AI might affect our lives as we know it 3. One in a billion - Zarna Garg (an autobiographical look at an Indian born American woman with a bindi narrated in a standup format - yes it is at times cliched but still funny) Fiction: 1. Personal by Lee Child (a vigilante story with Jack Reacher the giant, nomad protagonist of Child's novels goes hunting for a sniper) 2. Ramayana unraveled by Ami Ganatra (she might disagree about it being a work of fiction but oh wel...
Comments
Post a Comment